Monday 10 September 2012

Review: The Body Shop Foundation

Hola! It's not often I see reviews or posts on the Body Shop's makeup line, so I thought, as I've been trying out the foundation recently, I'd give it a go.

I've recently run out of my all time favourite Clinique's Even Better(overtaking Mac's Studio Fix Fluid, yes really!)so thought I'd try out The Body Shop's Oil Free Balancing Foundation which I had lying around.





I think this may be the first negative review I've done...!

Firstly, the foundation is supposed to be 'balancing'. In my opinion, it's extremely drying, designed for really oily skin rather than to oily to combination as it claims. It clings to any even slightly dry patches or blemishes and highlights them. And I know it's not designed for dry skin but I don't have dry skin, and it still stuck to any slight blemishes.

I also found it incredibly difficult to blend, even with warm hands! It's quite a thick formulation and drys into skin incredibly quickly without giving you a chance to spread it evenly which = streaky face syndrome.

I should've done a bit more research before buying this as i was also disappointed with the matte finish (which isn't a fault of the foundation, I'll hold my hands up and learn a lesson!) but it just reinforced the fact I don't like matte finishes.





Some positive points, because I'm not a negative person! It smells good! Like most Body Shop products. It's not exactly cheap at £13 but it is more affordable than most other foundations I buy, I'm a firm believer in 'you get what you pay for' when it comes to foundation. It does provide a good, medium coverage and evens your skin tone, despite clinging to spots. And the SPF 15 is always a nice little bonus to have.

I have also been applying it under Benefit's Hello Flawless Foundation, which I've found to be a bit too sheer and greasy looking, so together they counteract eachother. I find the Body Shop one leaves your skin looking a little powdery so the Benefit one reverses that. I still wouldn't opt to use this combo on a permanent basis because it's not particularly nice (not a patch on Clinique) and it would be very expensive!





Hope you enjoyed my 'constructive criticism'! If any of you have reviewed Body Shop products leave a comment below with a link, I'd love to see what you think :)

Thanks for reading, any suggestions on other foundations I might like?
Grace
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment