Tuesday 29 November 2011

Jelly Pong Pong: Shadow Taffy Review

Helloo! Today I'm doing a review of a product I got absolutely ages ago, but just have never used. It's the Jelly Pong Pong Shadow Taffy. Not many people have heard of Jelly Pong Pong, I hadn't until I went to the Clothes Show Live in Birmingham in 2010 and 2009 where I picked up a discounted goody bag!

If you want to read more about Jelly Pong Pong have a look here It's really interesting, they say it's 'stuff made of dreams & emboldened by ideas' how cute is that??

Anyway, onto the Shadow Taffy... if you know what that is you're brighter than me! I had to read the packaging (which is amazing...) it says it's 'melted down eyeshadow in a unique taffy texture. Thicker than a cream, more long lasting than a mousse.' Great! Although, I do not use it as an eyeshadow! You'll see why when I swatch the colours further down. I use it as a blusher and as a bronzer.
Here's a quick picture of the gorgeous packaging



I absolutely love it! It's so cute, the little bird is like a kind of fuzzy texture and covered in glitter. Not only is the pot cute, but the actual box it comes in is even better...




It even looks great on my dressing table! It's basically a little pink bird cage, tied together at the top with a ribbon bow- adorable!


Anyway, I think you get the picture, I'm in love with the packaging. Onto the actual product. Like I said, I don't use it as an eyeshadow, I could use the bronze colour but I'm not a huge fan of creme eyeshadows anyway. These are the colours so you know what I'm talking about...


See what I mean? Pink eyeshadow is not a good look. I'm not sure if they do it in different colours but that's what I got at the Clothes Show.
This is how the colours come out on skin...

As you can see, they're really pigmented, the colours come off really well. Because of this you have to be careful you don't apply too much, china doll-esque is not the look I'm going for! The downfall of this product is that it doesn't really blend well, although it's not designed to be used on the cheeks primarily so that may be why!

I just apply it with my fingers rather than a brush or anything else because I find it easier. The heat from your fingers also helps to blend it into your skin.

I've got a couple other products that I picked up at the Clothes Show and the packaging of them is also gorgeous, here's a picture...


My other favourite is the Lip Orchid, it's like a lip balm with a pink tint, it's got a lovely pink orchid flower on the pot, so cute!

Another plus point of this product that I forgot to mention was that it's made with emollients like Beeswax, Palm Oil & Coconut Oil to keep skin moisturised, it also contains vitamin E to heal lines in the skin. I really recommend the Jelly Pong Pong products, this retails at £15 and is available online at www.jellypongpong.com

Thanks for reading! :-)

Grace
x




1 comment: