Thursday 10 November 2011

Miracle Product Time! Good Things Skincare Review

Ola! Second post of the day, you're in for a treat!
I don't know about anyone else, but the weather recently has been the worst for my skin. One minute it's freezing cold, the next it's mild and sunny, then it's chucking it down with rain, what is this?!?
Anyway, I've been getting spots around my mouth and nose which is horrible as usually I've got quite good skin. I've been trying everything, I usually use Tea Tree Oil from the Body Shop to dry my spots out but for some reason it just wasn't working. I cut back on the products I used on my face but it did nothing! I had basically given up when I was in Boots looking at the Imperial Leather Foambursts in the post below when I thought I'd pay a little visit to the skincare aisle just to see what was about.
I'm usually quite reluctant to buy any of these spot gels, not sure why, I'm a bit loyal to my Tea Tree Oil! Well anyway, I was looking at the Good Things range which is specifically designed for young skin and it basically uses superfruits in the products which are really good for your skin. They've also got no parabens which are basically chemicals used in loads of different everyday products and there's been a lot of research into them but they're basically not good for your body, not just your skin. If you want to know more try http://www.thegoodhuman.com/2007/06/21/what-are-parabens-and-why-should-you-avoid-them/


What I ended up buying was the Stop that Spot Clearing Gel with Papaya and Acai. What persuaded me to buy it, I'll be honest- totally absorbed by consumerism or something, was the fact it's won a Cosmopolitan Beauty Award, people don't vote for things unless they work, right? Exactly!
This is what it looks like if you're looking for it...




Again, I love the packaging, it's really feminine and pretty, not at all clinical looking like the Freederm ones and other similar products.
Also, it doesn't have that medicinal smell, it smells really fruity and fresh, like you're really doing something good for your skin other than piling strong chemicals on. I'll admit, I'm usually a big fan of chemicals on skin, how bad is that? I just am yet to be convinced that natural products work as well.

The only thing I don't like about it is the applicator...


Ignore my bun popping up in the reflection! Haha, cheeky.


It's like straight out of a tube and quite difficult to put it specifically where you want it so you have to use your finger to dab it in, make sure they're clean!!
Then you basically just leave it, I keep applying it when it drys up and I honestly saw the difference overnight. It's really compact too so you can just slip it in the side pocket of your handbag.

I apply it under my makeup too, don't really know why, I just feel like it's better than putting foundation straight on top!

It's £4.99 from Boots and I will definitely be trying more from the Good Things range!

Grace
x

3 comments:

  1. Charlotte Jewell :)10 November 2011 at 12:29

    Sameee! I'm getting so many spots around my mouth and nose. I bought Freederm but it didn't do much. Cant wait to try this :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely going out to buy this one :D Cheers babe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going out to buy this later :)
    Also for anyone looking for this sort of thing, Soap & Glory Clear Here moisturiser is brilliant if your looking for a moisturiser that wont clog your pores or ruin whatever any other spot treatment is doing! :)

    ReplyDelete