Thursday 27 October 2011

Little bit of shopping...

Hello :-) yesterday I was in town and I've been looking for a new bronzer so I thought I'd go for something different and had a look at the Clarins counter, to cut a long story short, I came away with a bronzer, lipstick and a free (HUGE!!) sample of their new fragrance.





The lipstick I got was from the 'True Hold Colour and Shine' collection and it's £17.50, a lot for lipstick yes, but not the most expensive! And I do think it's worth it. I got it in shade 103 Miami Pink and I love it! Here's a few pictures...


It looks really bright here but it's great because it's really buildable so you can wear it quite subtly or have it fairly bright...




I love the attention to detail with these products, like the little 'C' engraved in the packaging, and the inside of the case is the Clarins red, very cute!


The bronzer I got is the 'Poudre Soleil Compacte' or just plain Bronzing Powder! I got shade 20 Golden Sun, I love that it's got just a slight shimmer in it which makes your skin glow and look really healthy and it's not particularly orange toned. I love it too! Here's a couple pictures of the packaging etc..





At £25 it's not cheap either but it is a really good product and it also comes in this adorable little suede pouch with a button, a little gimicky? Yes maybe, but I'm a sucker for a gimick!



The next thing I got at Clarins was a free sample of their new Perfume, 'Eau des Jardins'. I say sample, you expect a small, couple ML spray, but no! It's huge sample, I think she called it a splash bottle or something but it's a whole 30mls! I mean, you pay good money for some 30ml perfumes, it's always worth asking for samples!






When I first smelt it I wasn't crazy about it, it was a little too 'fresh floral' for me, but I thought I'd try it that evening because perfumes can smell very different on skin after time, and luckily this is one of those perfumes! When it's been on the skin for an hour or so it smells a lot deeper (I don't have a clue how to describe fragrance, I'm making up my own lingo!) and less 'fresh floral'!!

I believe it's fairly natural, it says 'a treatment fragrance that combines essential oils and plant extracts' which is always a bonus. The actual fragrance description is 'Enjoy the fragrant thrill of a sparkling scent combination of grapefruit and orange zest. Let notes of rose and wood embrace you with their uplifting charm'... Maybe the rose is why I didn't like it at first, not a fan of rosey fragrances.



I then went to TK Maxx (love a bargain!) and found a really cute top! It was from the Mod Box section which is supposed to be the younger section and more up to date fashion wise! It's like a floaty silky-type material and it's a kind of burgandy colour. The front is covered in little bronze flat studs and the sleeves are all puffy and gathered :-) Anyway, enough rambling, this is it with the jeans I wore it with last night... I've also got some corally pink patent peep toe heels on but you can't see them.






Then it's got the black and bronze exposed zip down the back which I love. It's from a brand called Tokyo and it was only £12.99!



Now for a few pictures of the lipstick and bronzer on... I'm also wearing No.7 Mineral Perfection blusher in 10 Soft Damson :-)





I think that's finally everything! Hope you enjoyed this little haul :-)

Grace
x




2 comments: